In very near future, due to its strategic location, Dahej is going to be an all-cargo port also offering rail and air connectivity within India. Situated on the South-west coast of Gujarat, India – Dahej is special investment zone. It will be a major investment centre for domestic and international Petroleum, Chemical and Petro-chemical trade.
Dahej Economic Profile
- Dahej PCPIR – One of the country’s largest Petrochemical Region
- Dahej Industrial Estate (spread across hector ( square kilometer) with large manufacturing units)
- Dahej SEZ (notified and functional multi product SEZ spread over ha).Dahej SEZ, a multiproduct SEZ, is being developed by Dahej SEZ Ltd(DSL),a JV company of GIDC and ONGC.
- Dahej Industrial Estate – Phase II (spread across hector ( square kilometer) is under development)
- Dahej Port (for transportation of solid, liquid and LNG facilities including first LNG Terminal in the country)
Vision for Dahej
- Dahej is a fast emerging industrial town and is high in terms of generation of industrial pollutants
- Gujarat government has signed an MoU for development of Dahej on the lines of ‘3R oriented’ environmentally smart community development concept, which is prevalent in Japan.
- The vision of Government of Gujarat is to make Dahej a smart city and turn it into a hub for 3R industry. The waste recycling function is a must for any smart city and Dahej will be the role model for this concept in India.